Friday, June 17, 2011

Slowly...But Surely...the Connections are Being Made!

Another connection was made the past couple of days to more family on the Van Hout side.  Facebook can be a wonderful thing when you get in there and dig around.

The Steltz family was hiding almost under our noses around the Big Stone City/Milbank area.  For years, Aunt Francis was the only Steltz I knew.  Little did I know, though I am sure my mother did, that there were Steltz kids my age living out in the country by the power plant!

Well, with Facebook's help, I found Joel and Doug Steltz, grandsons of my Aunt Francis.  Today, I spoke to Doug on the phone...a very good 26 minute conversation.  It was very cool to get to know another member of my family that I didn't know.  We grew up in the same area and never knew each other.  We both agreed that it is a shame when family lives so close and never know each other, no matter how distant the connection.

At the end of the conversation, we agreed that we would meet up to get to know each other when my family travels home during Christmas. 

Everyone out there, I would appreciate any help you can give in growing this family tree.  Whether it is your own families information, or something on another family member, or a connection that you know about, such as the many Doug mentioned to me, please...send that on to me.

Have a great weekend everyone...this is the weekend my second oldest, Julianne, graduates.

No comments:

Post a Comment