Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let's Get to Know Each Other!

Welcome, descendants of the Van Hout and Stodolski families.  I thought this could be another way to share the information of our family, the stories, the research being done on where people are or where they have been.  There is so much to learn, not only about our roots, but about the branches that are still growing!  It is my hope that you will share stories that you know from your family history with those of us who are on a different branch of the tree.  Some of us don't even know some of the other names on the tree.  Those mentioned in the header of this blog are only a few.  More will be placed and talked about so as to encourage discussion and sharing about our families.  I would hate to see the history of our family die as the older members pass on.

One of the keys to working on a family tree is privacy.  There will be no photos or information added here on living people without their permission.  Please, as you comment on postings here, be aware of what you are saying or giving out.  We don't want to inadvertently give personal information that could harm or embarrass someone.

I have already received some help from a niece of mine who has now seen how much fun this genealogy stuff can be.  Perhaps you too, will be able to add something to our tree that opens up a whole new branch of information.  You just never know what one small piece of information will do.

I hope to hear from you all as we share our family history together!  Hopefully, you will also take away some new family aquaintances as we go along together.

1 comment:

  1. I have been told by my father that I am related to the van houts..I am a Stodolski. I don't know much family from either side at all.

    ReplyDelete